Saturday 6:30 Greenway Park vs AZ Automotive

Go down

Saturday 6:30 Greenway Park vs AZ Automotive

Post  Matt F on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:44 am

Here it is boys. I was just talking with jeff. He's got a friendly lined up for us against AZ automotive. They won second division last year, so are now a first division team. It's just a friendly, but I suggest we take it seriously. This is a great oportunity to get organized with positions and formation, and for those of you that havn't played in this league before, you'll find out what it's all about. The game is schedualed for 6:30pm this saturday and will be held at greenway park. We need full attendance to do this. It could be our only pre season game. let us know.
Rick

Directions to the field:

Between Wharencliffe and Wonderland on Springbank Dr. From Wharencliffe go around the 2 bends and make a right at the lights
follow that road for about 100 yards and there will be a parking lot to your right pull in there! Coming from wonderland follow
springbank for awhile eventually you'll come to a downhill at the bottom make a left at the lights!

Any questions give me a call on my cell 636 8343 if i dont answer make sure you leave a message with you name and number!

Cheers Jeff

Should be an interesting early test, seeya tonight boys.

Pints after!

Matt F
Admin

View user profile http://nomadics.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

What was the outcome?

Post  Seth on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:06 am

I'm eager to find out. What happened in the game?

Seth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saturday 6:30 Greenway Park vs AZ Automotive

Post  Matt F on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:40 am

haha i think i lost count of the score it was like 6 or 7 - 2 we scored first two goals then we just burnt out after 20 mins or so. They were really good though, all one touch passes, alot of skillful guys.

all in all i think we did pretty good, if our conditioning was better we could have given alot better run for their money, we were chasing the ball alot. Deffinatly was a learning expierience which will give us a better idea what to try and improve on for tuesday game.

if we can get better at controlling the ball in midfield i think we will be laughing

i think we should do some drills next practise, like 3 attackers against 2 defenders where they all have to touch the ball once before they can shoot or something

Matt F
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:34 pm

No that’s actually good news, especially hearing that we had the first two goals. I knew they were going to be good… they’re a championship team.

Bringing drills into practice is definitely a good idea.

In the name of ball control...

Seth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt F on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 pm

those are some good exercises, i'll deffinatly try a few of those out

love the inspirational music haha

Matt F
Admin

Back to top Go down